Paleo and Protein – This is a man’s world
Should we really be eating like a caveman? Is protein the healthy superfood that it is made out to be? Do protein supplements really make you ripped, or are you just making expensive wee? This month we will discuss all these things and more with contributions from writers, chefs and a number of experts.
- 6th June – 20 Grams – First up this month, The Nourishment Network’s Anthony Warner on protein and the curious case of the 20g rule. We all need protein, but how much is enough?
- 13th June – The Paleo Narrative – In this piece, linguist Maxine Ali investigates the paleo diet, and wonders if the idolisation of our ancient ancestors is just an excuse to sell restrictive diets.
- 16th June – Plant vs Beast – Nutritionist and blogger Pixie Turner discusses the battle between plant protein and animal protein and why and arguments for and against often fall on deaf ears.
- 21st June – Paleo Genes – We talked to geneticist Giles Yeo about the Paleo diet and the effect a switch to agriculture had on our genes. And on the genes of other species.
- 30th June – The Pitfalls of Paleo – Post-doctoral researcher Angie Clonan provides a comprehensive overview of the issues covered by our contributors this month. A great way to wrap up this complex monthly topic!
- 30th June – A Mars a day… – Judy Swift is still talking about chocolate despite it being April’s theme. Judy likes chocolate…
- 9th July – A final bonus post on protein and the dangers of diet advice in the fitness industry from Nourishment Network regular Kate Taylor.